Best Legal Golf Online Betting Sites in Iowa
In August 2019, Iowa became the eleventh state of the US to legalize sports gambling. Despite the absence of professional sports teams in the state, sports gambling is becoming increasingly popular, especially among millennials. Since the legalization, about 19 sportsbooks have received operator licenses from the state. With the approval of both IA retail sportsbooks and online/mobile sports wagering by the state, there has been a rise in the population of online golf bettors, mostly made up of young and middle-aged enthusiasts.
Suppose you know how to bet on golf online in Iowa. In that case, this article will guide your selections and decisions by providing helpful information on the sport’s rudiments, tips to adopt in betting, types of bets on which to wager, and the best golf wagering websites in the state. It’ll also bring you the latest news from Iowa.
Here are the best online golf gambling websites in Iowa:
DraftKings is one of the Iowa online sports betting sites. They offer in-play betting and allow ‘cash-outs’ early to protect winnings or reduce losses. New users are eligible for up to $1,025, which comprises a deposit bonus of $500 and another $525 for free bets.
Besides its website, DraftKings also owns high-quality Iowa sports betting app that ranks high in the market.
When it comes to betting, they have lots to offer. Besides the traditional IA golf betting options, they’ve got the spread betting offer that pays out based on how right or wrong you’re in a given line.
This golf betting platform offers new users an instant $250 in free bets at the first deposit. PointsBet has a mobile app that comes with easy-to-use features, and you don’t have to provide your social security number when registering.
William Hill Sportsbook
William Hill is one of the IA real money sports betting sites. With them, betting is seamless, quick, and convenient. It’s a sportsbook that allows you to bet on individual golf games in IA.
In terms of bonuses, William Hill offers new customers $500 in free bets upon their first deposit. To enjoy this offer, use the promo code BUSA500 when registering a new account.
Elite Sportsbook is a US-based and operated sports betting website that offers desktop and mobile bettors a full range of options. Although there are no dedicated golf betting apps from them yet, their online betting platform allows enthusiasts to wager on their favorite tournaments and sports leagues.
In Iowa, new customers get a 50% deposit bonus up to $200. New signups that deposit $10 or more get an extra 50% in site credit, up to $200.
Hard Rock Sportsbook
Hard Rock is an online sportsbook that offers legal sports betting in Iowa. They provide a massive gambling platform that allows players to choose from several options. They offer one of the best odds in the industry.
This online sportsbook comes licensed and regulated and offers a $100 cashback of up to $1000 for new users when they place the first gamble of $100 or more and lose, to ensure they don’t get off to a gloomy start.
Types of Bets to Wager on Iowa Golf Betting Website
- Outright Winner. Unlike over/under, when you bet on an outright winner, you’re picking a player you think will win the tournament.
- Match Betting. This unique option involves analyzing the head-to-head of two players and picking the one you believe has a higher chance of finishing above the other. It’s different from the win totals option.
- Three-Ball Wager. It’s no news that players go out to play in groups of three. In a three-ball wager, you get to bet on a player to get the best score of the three.
- Group Betting. This option involves choosing a golf player whom you think will finish on top from a specific group.
- Props. Prop betting option allows a player to display their wagering skills. It involves exciting options, like what shirt color a player will wear.
- Futures. When putting a wager on the golf futures market, a player wagers on events well ahead of time to avoid suffering negative odd changes sportsbooks may affect.
- Live Betting. It’s an in-play golf betting that can occur anytime during a tournament and usually comes down to the golfers to either make or break your stake.
- Each-Way Bet. Here, there are two bets – one for the golfer to win and the other for them to place in a specified rank. If they place according to your chance, you get paid a quarter of the odds.
Kinds of Golf Majors in Iowa Sports Betting Apps
Masters Tournament is one of the four golf majors that take place every first full weekend of April every year at Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia – which many consider being a famous golf course globally. It’s the first major of the year and attracts the best in the bests.
The PGA Championship is a golf tournament organized and conducted by the Professional Golfers’ Association of America. It takes place at San Francisco’s TPC Harding Park.
Considered the toughest test of golfing skills globally, the US Open is another golf major tournament. The USGA is responsible for organizing it and setting it up to make it a challenge to get some of the best in competing against one another.
It’s another major golf championship that takes place annually every mid-July. The Open Championship takes place at a course characterized by windy and challenging conditions. The 2021 edition will be taking place at St. Andrews in Scotland.
Charles Schwab Challenge
This golf tournament is one of the five invitational events of the PGA tour that comes up every year in May at the Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas. The 2021 edition will come from 23rd May to 30th May.
IA Online Golf Betting Tips
Stay Updated on Injury Reports
Injuries aren’t a common occurrence as they are in other sports, so reports rarely come up most weeks. However, it’d be beneficial to keep your ears to the ground for them as withdrawals that could impact your wager may come up a few hours to a game.
Check the Statistics Often
When you discuss with experts, course form and recent form are two concepts that frequently get mentioned; don’t ignore them. Some golf players perform better in specific courses than others, and it’s something you should always consider when betting.
Get Acquainted With Weather Forecast
Golf is a sport that gets affected by the weather. Some players find things easy in certain conditions better than others. So, make a habit of checking forecasts and wagering on players likely to excel in the potential situation.
IA Latest Golf Betting News
Here is the latest news from Iowa:
Impact of Coronavirus Pandemic on Golf Betting in Iowa
Upon the legalization of sports wagering in Iowa, the industry experienced many activities as Iowan gamblers wagered lots of money. Online golf wagering is one market that saw a rise in the number of gamblers. However, with the incidence of the coronavirus pandemic, everything took a sad turn. Iowa online sports betting revenue went from about $372.2 million to virtually nothing.
The pandemic brought all sports activities to a halt, which greatly affected sports gambling, mostly as there were no markets to wager. However, a gradual easing of the lockdown in several parts of the world has resulted in the resumption of sports activities across the state, leading to betting, with various golf tournaments being played.
Upcoming Golf Events to Look Out for Betting in Iowa
The following are significant golf events and tournaments to notice:
- 2021 US Masters (11th April 2021)
- 2021 PGA Championship (23rd May 2021)
- 2021 US Open (20th June 2021)
- 2020 Ryder Cup (26th September 2021)
- 2020-2021 PGA Money List (30th August 2021)
- 2021 Conference Championships
Betting on golf online in Iowa is becoming increasingly popular. New sportsbooks and new markets are emerging, and they hold several potentials for fans. If you’re looking to join the train of online golf bettors, you’re in for a quality experience.
Is betting on golf online legal in Iowa?
- It's legal to gamble online in Iowa. Domestic sports gambling was legalized in the state in August 2019, becoming the eleventh state of the US to do so.
What IA sites are the best for golf betting?
- Popular online sportsbooks in Iowa include DraftKings, PointsBet, Q Sportsbook, William Hill, Elite Sportsbook, and Hard Rock Sportsbook.
How do I check the latest Golf odds?
- To check the latest odds, visit the golf section of your favorite sportsbook.
What is the match betting?
- It involves analyzing the head-to-head of two players and picking the one you believe has a higher chance of finishing above the other.
How can I deposit money to bet on golf?
- Visit the deposit section of your preferred online wagering website and follow the instructions.